Home » Latest, Transfers » Latest Transfer News – Tuesday 28 January 2014

Manchester United are looking at a bid for Porto midfielder Fernando – nicknamed ‘the Octopus’ – after failing to land their first-choice central midfield targets. (Daily Mirror)

PSG and Newcastle have agreed a £19m deal for Yohan Cabaye after the midfielder pleaded with the Magpies to let him join the French side. (Daily Mirror)

Southampton could fine Italy forward Dani Osvaldo nearly a quarter of a million pounds if he doesn’t leave the club this week. (Daily Mirror)

Man United and Chelsea target Luke Shaw doesn’t want to leave Southampton, insists Mauricio Pochettino. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa are eyeing Bournemouth midfielder Eunan O’Kane. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is now targeting Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa as the Blues now accept Wayne Rooney is staying at Manchester United. (Daily Telegraph)

Mourinho could even swap Costa for Blues keeper Thibaut Courtois, who is on loan with Atletico. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United have considered Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala, Kurt Zouma of Saint-Etienne and Bayern Munich’s Dante as replacements for Rio Ferdinand. (Daily Mail)

Arsene Wenger will be handed a £100m transfer war-chest after agreeing new Arsenal deal. (Daily Star)

Monaco are weighing up moves for Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez and Southampton’s Dani Osvaldo as they try to compensate for the loss of injured Colombian forward Radamel Falcao. (Daily Express)

Fulham’s £4m bid to sign Steven Defour has ended in failure after Porto decided they will not allow the Belgium midfielder to leave. (Independent)

Southampton are ready to revive interest in 27-year-old Cagliari defender Davide Astori. (Daily Mail)

Adel Taarabt has been told he has no future at Fulham. The Moroccan — on loan from QPR — is out of favour with boss Rene Meulensteen and has not played a full 90 minutes for more than a month. (The Sun)

Michael Laudrup has revealed Swansea are still waiting for an answer from Blackpool’s Tom Ince over a loan move. (The Sun)

New Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has insisted Lionel Messi is not for sale and says the club intend to start negotiations over a new contract with the star soon. (Daily Express)

West Ham have left La Liga club Osasuna fuming after pulling out of a deal to sign midfielder Raoul Loe. (Daily Star)

Napoli are holding further talks to sign Tottenham’s France international defensive midfielder Etienne Capoue after an offer was rejected a fortnight ago. (Times)

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger, 29, could move to Italy to reunite with former Reds boss Rafael Benitez, if 29-year-old Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler is keen to move in the opposite direction. (Metro)

Piotr Parzyszek, 20, is a target for West Ham, with the young striker enjoying a fine season for De Graafschap in the Dutch second division.(Daily Express)

Chelsea are scouting two Marseille midfielders as possible late January signings – 21-year-old Giannelli Imbula and team-mate Florian Thauvin, also 21. (Inside Futbol)

Italian side Lazio are keen to sign West Brom’s 34 year-old former France international striker Nicolas Anelka, who spent a short loan period at Juventus last year. (L’Equipe)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger could seek to enlist Lyon’s France international attacking midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, 27, before the end of the winter transfer window. (L’Equipe)

Tags:

Related Posts

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.