Home » EPL, Latest » Tevez wants an apology from Roberto Mancini

Carlos Tevez will be banished to train with Manchester City’s reserves on Thursday after returning from his two-week ban.

The Argentine star has been told told by the club that he was found to have been in breach of his contract after his alleged mutiny in Munich 16 days ago.

But Tevez has vowed to fight City all the way after refusing to accept their findings, with the 27-year-old insisting he did not defy Roberto Mancini’s orders to play in Munich.

Incredibly, he has demanded a full apology from the City coach.

Mancini, who told Tevez he was “finished” at the club following the striker’s alleged refusal to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich, will not welcome the striker back into his first-team squad.

Wednesday’s action shows City are backing their boss against the renegade striker.

The demotion to the stiffs represents a remarkable fall from grace for the £250,000-a-week former City skipper, who led the club to their first trophy in 35 years last season with victory in the FA Cup.

The Argentina striker is facing a fine of £1.5million – six weeks’ wages – plus a month-long suspension following his alleged refusal to come off the bench in last month’s Champions League tie.

City officials met Tevez and his advisors in London on Wednesday, upon the player’s arrival back in the UK after spending part of his two-week suspension back in his native Buenos Aires.

Tevez was informed by the club, following an internal inquiry, that his actions in the Allianz Arena 16 days ago represented a breach of contract.

It has emerged that Tevez and his representatives rejected the club’s findings at the meeting.

He now faces an anxious wait to learn his fate, with an unprecedented fine and lengthy ban his likely punishment.

Once City decide what action to take against Tevez, he will have the option to appeal to the City board and, ultimately, the Premier League as part of an existing three-stage disciplinary procedure.

That could drag on for up to two months, which would take City and Tevez close to the New Year and the re-opening of the transfer window, when the striker’s sale appears inevitable, given the hard-line stance taken by Mancini.

City issued a statement which read: “The club hs now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded that there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of conduct.

“Accordingly, the club has informed him he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly. Carlos will be required to report to Roberto Mancini for training on Thursday.”

Tevez’s training-ground treatment by Mancini mirrors that of former City outcasts Craig Bellamy and Emmanuel Adebayor.

They were forced to train with the reserves after the boss decided they were not part of his plans.

Source: Mirror

Related Posts

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.