Home » La Liga, Latest » United are reportedly going to make a final bid for Fabregas

Manchester United will make one final effort to lure Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona if the Spanish international finds himself out of the team at the Nou Camp at the start of the season.

United seemed to bring their pursuit of Fabregas to and end last week when the Spanish international told a press conference that he wanted to stay at his current club.

‘We respect Cesc’s decision.’ said United.

United are continuing to monitor Fabregas’s situation and will consider going back with one final bid in excess of £32m if the former Arsenal midfielder starts the La Liga season on the bench.

Fabregas will not play in Barcelona’s season opener against Levante on Sunday after spraining ankle ligaments playing in a tour game in Malaysia at the weekend. He is not expected to recover in time.

However he is expected to fit for next Wednesday’s Super Cup game against Atletico Madrid and there are then four more La Liga games scheduled before the transfer window closes at the end of August.

It is these games that United will be keeping an eye on. One of the reasons United manager David Moyes was led to believe Fabregas may leave the Nou Camp was his dissatisfaction at playing second fiddle to Xavi and Andres Iniesta in the heart of the Barcelona midfield.

United had two bids turned down, the second a club record £31m, when their attempts to land Fabregas started a month ago.

Related Posts

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.